Tuesday, March 7, 2023

HAI Holiday Joy!

 Hi there and welcome to March! How quickly the months are going by! Today I have a card for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, where, as always, it is an anything goes challenge. I hope you'll be inspired to play along!


First, I dry embossed the piece of red cardstock with the Sizzix Alterations folder.


I then sanded the embossed piece, which made the lettering stand out more.


I found a little bauble snippet lying on my table, which had been die cut from the same color of cardstock and embossed with gold detail powder. 


I found a scrap of red card, which was slighlty lighter, resembling the sanded color, so heat embossed the Holiday Joy sentiment from an old Sparkle n' Sprinkle in Gold Detail powder.


I penciled the outline of the bauble around the sentiment and cut it out slightly smaller and the bauble was glued on top, after threading gold thread through the bauble hole.


The thread was then attached to the back of the panel and the bauble was added with foam pads.


The embossed panel was layered to a red card base to finish off my card for today.


Hope I've inspired you to play along in the challenge?

Hope you pop by again soon!

Shona

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Very festive in red and gold, the embossed bauble looks gorgeous on the embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Shona! Loving that elegant red with fun textures and festive font, Shona! de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!