Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Gold and Silver Joy

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Today I have a card for the Christmas Craft Creation Team.

 Our theme this month is no stamping. 

I had never used this ornament die before, so thought I'd give it a try.


I die cut the background die twice out of silver and once out of gold.


I layered a piece of double sided adhesive to one of the silver ornaments and ran the inside die through my machine.


I peeled off the protective backing from the outline part of the die.


Silver glitter was burnished in to the sticky surface.


I picked out the rest of the protective backing, using an exacto knife and then burnished in Golden Wheat microfine glitter.


I cut out the ornament top, two from silver and one from gold. The two silver ones were placed on top of the silver and gold plain ornaments that were stuck to a white card base. The decorated die cut was attached with foam tape for dimension.


I die cut "joy" out of a scrap of gold card, with double sided adhesive attached to the back and this was stuck to the base of the card. A strip of washi tape was stuck to the spine to complete my card for today.


Hope I've inspired you to play along in the Christmas Craft Creations challenge.

Till next time,

Shona


3 comments:

  1. Hi Shona- your blog header is gorgeous, what a stunning photo.
    Fabulous card, so elegant, the die cut baubles look lovely layered together, the white background and clean design showcase them perfectly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those amazing baubles Shona. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!