Wednesday, December 13, 2023

CCC Merry and Bright

 Hi there and thanks for stopping by today. Today is my last card for the year of 2023. It is for the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.


The challenge this month asks that we incorporate Christmas decorations.


I chose to use the Sweet Poppy bauble die


I started with the watercolor paints and water brush for the holly leaves.


A red Copic was used for the berries and then I used four of the Versafine Claire inks with a finger dauber to color the baubles.


The two more detailed baubles didn't work so well, but it gave 
a sort of artsy look, so I left it as was. I used pencil for the outline.


I die cut merry and bright from black cardstock and then glued them  on to the base of the card.


The front panel was layered to black and then added to a white card base. Silver thread was tied around the spine to finish off my card for today!

We're going to be spending Christmas and New Year in Scotland, leaving next Monday, as we have recently bought a flat in my parents' hometown, so we will be literally "decorating" for the holidays!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

See you in 2024!

Shona

6 comments:

  1. A bright and beautiful Christmas card Shona, love the watercolour effect and the lovely colours.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully created and such pretty and festive colors!! Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever of you, love the colour mix and the large greetings. A fabulous card. Enjoy your time in Scotland, it'll be lovely for you to have a base when visiting. How exciting for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your card is gorgeous and love the details in creating it. Love the ornaments. Have a great day teammate! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous hanging baubles Shona. All so colourful and love the changing colours on the leaves. Merry Christmas and I will be thinking of you while I watch The Tattoo. Have a Guid New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!