Tuesday, January 23, 2024

HAI Angelic Christmas

 Hi there and a happy and healthy New Year to each and every one of you! This is my first post of 2024, as we had an extended trip to Scotland over Christmas and New Year, in order to get our new flat organized. So I'm back now, and trying to get back into a routine - you know how that goes!!!

My header is a wee cardinal who came to visit the window feeder at the kitchen! Such a pretty bird, especially in the snow!

So my first card of 2024 is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge. This challenge is always an anything goes challenge, so I hope you will play along with us this month. 


I found this stamp set with the angel, but unfortunately it wasn't in a sleeve, not sure what happened to it, but I think it may be a Penny Black set? 


I stamped it in Versamark ink using the stamp platform. 


The image was then embossed with white detail powder.


I put a little drop of glue at the center of all the little snowflakes and then applied Reflection glitter.


I used a window punch for the greeting and after layering the front panel to a white layer and then on to the navy card base, I used the Merry Christmas adhesive stickers.


A piece of silver thread was tied around the spine of the card and that finished my first card of the year! 


I hope I've inspired you to play along in our challenge this month. 

Till next time,

Shona


5 comments:

  1. The embossed stamp is beautiful Shona and the white contrasts perfectly with the deep blue background, I love the clean design too.
    Your blog header is stunning :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your holiday was good, and you got all sorted Shona, I hope the weather was OKish? for you too. I love the navy card and white stamping, such a beautiful stamp and card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Shona! I'm so glad I can now visit you properly because this looks even more amazing now I see it up close! White embossing powder is perilous but on navy blue ... and it's flawless! And the glitter in the centres of the snowflakes is just gorgeous! Sorry, I should have noticed it wasn't just my card missing from the lineup yesterday! it would have been nice to be informed the challenge dates would be changed not the challenge numbers when the error with numbering was pointed out 😠. Anyway your card is up now!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, delicate, sweet creation, Shona! I always admire the cleanliness of your EP techniques against dark cardstock. It's a beautifully done card! Brrrr, your brave cardinal looks cold! I wonder if the same specie of red cardinal lives in both our backyards, or if they have evolved a bit differently due to weather conditions? Such a great card, and wonderful header! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally I have the opportunity to come and take a look at your blog and I see many beautiful cards.
    I think it's a great card, the angel is so well embossed. The white on the dark blue is a great combination. I don't recognize the stamp as being Penny black. If you photograph it upright on a white background, you can search for the image with a Google lens. Take care Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!