Tuesday, November 28, 2023

HAI Candy Cane Christmas

 Hi there and thanks so much for stopping by today! I have a card for the Holly and Ivy Challenge which is always "Anything Goes", as long as it has something to do with Christmas! I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us this month!


 I decided to play with glitter and tape this time round. I started with the half inch and 3/4" double-sided tape and laid the silver Merry Christmas stickers on top of the tape, before adding the Gypsy Red micro-fine glitter.


Then the protective coverings of the Cloud Nine strips were removed and the stickers (both "Merry Christmas" and the packages) were put down before adding the glitter. 


 The coverage of the glitter on the older 3/4 inch tape, which had apparently lost a lot of its "stick", was not acceptable.


I decided after adding the Cloud Nine Glitter to the other strips, that I would just cut the upper portion off and added a piece of red card stock to the upper left corner.


Another parcel and a "Merry Christmas" sticker was added to that area. 


The front panel was then added to a white card base and a red and white twine was tied along the card top to finish off the card for today.


Hope I've inspired you to play along in the challenge this month, anything goes remember and think of all the hand-made cards you can get done! Tis the season!

Will be back soon!

Shona

2 comments:

  1. Bold and striking design, love the glittery candy cane stripes, it's festive and gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational card Shona, it's lovely. Glad I'm catching up, or I could have missed this and other lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!