Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A VISIT FROM THE HUBBY!

Here's another Golf card - this time with a little humor!  There may be a few out there that can relate?  


I took the lady golfer from Sparkle N Sprinkle's new Golf Set 509 and positioned her behind the window die cut and layered that on top of the brick background. I then stamped the sentiment and made it into a golf ball, using the Polka Dot embossing folder.

The card opens up to the scene that our little lady sees out of her window:


Hubby has just hit his last ball towards the 18th - so he should be home soon!  She better get the lunch ready!!

Here's a closer look at the three inside panels:



Plenty of bling, using Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle N Soft.  I added some to the leaves and clouds and each of the panels are edged with Sparkling Sands. 



Some dimensional glue was added to the golf cart and to the flag. The "rough" was achieved using Golf Mudd Puddles.

Well that's it for today, our little golfer is headed home for lunch - I wonder what she's prepared for him?

Hope you have a great day,

Be back soon!

Shona


11 comments:

  1. Shona, this is a fabulous card, using a "landscape" technique on the interior of your pretty gate-fold card. Very cute idea! The only thing is, I don't see the RIP image, or is that on the back side of the card? LOL OH WHO WOULD EVEN SAY THAT? Only someone hanging her head in shame. LOL Seriously, a very sparkly, innovative, wonderful card, with all the pretty fluffy clouds. Truly a beautiful day to play golf. The wife looking out the window needs to learn to stamp. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card ! I loved the idea of lady behind window n when the card open we have a wonderful scene !! Liked the fun sentiment too :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute and what a cute twist on the gatefold

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such a fabulous job creating scenes and they always have a fun sentiment to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Shona, I love the tri fold card and your commentary just makes it all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I burst out laughing when I saw this car....my sentiment exactly...just cremate me and sprinkle on grass! LOL!!! Thanks for a great card and a bigger card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona this is too funny and clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this! I love the fold and window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, this card is so funny. What a great design. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you do these scene cards!! This one is wonderful:) It's up in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun sentiment! I love how the card opens up. So many great details :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!