Friday, September 13, 2013

FALL IS AROUND THE CORNER

I picked up a leaf yesterday from the driveway which had caught my eye, thinking that I would do something with it stamping wise. This morning, I was reading Judy Rozema's blog and I was inspired to try something with that leaf!  On my way over to the stamping room, I picked up another brightly colored leaf along with a clump of oak leaves with some acorns still attached. 

I dried the leaves off and applied Versamark directly to them and heat embossed them with Sparkle and Tuscan Star embossing powders from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I used an embossing pen to apply the ink to the acorns and then heat embossed them with Cappuccino Star.

I made the background panel from Kraft cardstock and added Sparkle and Tuscan Star randomly over the piece. 


The leaves were stuck to the panel with Tear-ific Tape and dimensionals. I edged the card base with Peruvian Lily velvet glitter which gave the card a frame.



Then came the hardest part, taking a photo!!  I was in my stamping room, outside in the back yard, in the front yard and in the kitchen, looking for the best lighting to capture the sparkle and shine. I finally got a close-to-real image when I propped it up it on the piano music stand with the piano light on it. Perhaps it was the black background that helped.  Not sure, but maybe I've just found my new light tent!


So that's it for today.  

Hope to see you back soon.

Shona

17 comments:

  1. So sparkly and beautiful, Shona! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to use the leaf !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea, and wonderful design, Shona! I can imagine how glittery, sparkly and magical it must look in person - the deep burgundy in your leaves is gorgeous. No one does it like Mother Nature - UNTIL - someone talented adds glitter and sparkle! LOL Thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  4. That, my dear, is stunning! And how wonderful to use nature like that and especially fall. I hope nothing chews on them or you might have sparkly bug poop at your place hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Shona! so much depth and all that sparkliness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love that you used some natural materials instead of all "papercrafting supplies" for this one. How nice for a change of pace :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful. I really liked the the idea of using leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, great idea to use real leaves.Ours are still green down here. Can't wait til the leaves start to turn.Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, this is so organic looking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful combinations! love the leaves!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful leaf and idea! I picked up a leaf, thinking the same as you. Unfortunately, I put it down on the table - 10 days ago - and there it lays, all shriveled and dry. Oh well there is a forest full of leaves on the ground near my house. Once the rain stops, I will go hunting for leaves!!! and hopefully make something artistic like yours!! TFS and the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS!!! It turned out so incredibly beautiful. What a fabulous idea. The sparkle just looks amazing! Now I am inspired by YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now - that's what I miss about fall!!! All that glittery crispness. Not enough to make me want to move back east, but a nice reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really stunning, Shona. The colors are so vibrant and the layout is so real looking. That is a work of art! And I think you may have found your picture taking tent....that last picture really is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, This is wonderfull, what a good idee, and I love the sparkle on it!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing !! What an amazing idea ! It turned out beautiful !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!