Thursday, April 18, 2019

Botanical Ruffled Peonies

Hi there, 
Today I am sharing my second card for the April Reveal, showcasing the gorgeous stamp set 938: Botanical Ruffled Peonies. This set, designed by Donna Ellis, is also available as a bundle, together with the Vintage Peony Set 930.

Using another die that I recently acquired called the Die'sire Garden Party, I cut the bottom off a piece of 12" x 6" white cardstock. 

Next I stamped the image in Versafine Clair Golden Meadow and heat embossed with Gold Detail. It has a beautiful golden sheen.

I then sponged Versafine Clair Cheerful and Verdant on the flowers and leaves.

I cut a circle using Lifestyles Crafts Nesting Circle dies from the middle of a piece of 5 3/4" square piece of paper from the Meadow Lark Collection.  I layered the top part to the front of the card (above the die cut piece) and then put the bottom part on the inside of the card. The sentiment from the same set was stamped in Versafine Claire Nocturne. A piece of self adhesive lace was attached along the bottom of the designer paper. You can see the shine from the Gold Detail embossing powder in the photo below.

This finished my card for today. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Below you will find the products that I used in my card. If you like, you may use my code ShonaDT10 to receive an extra 10% off anything on the SNS website.
Lifestyles Crafts Nesting Circle dies
Die’sire Garden Party die
Meadow Lark Collection designer paper
Self Adhesive Lace
I'll be back next week! In the meantime I would like to join in the following challenges:
Just for Fun April 2019 Challenge: Add lace
Shona

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card ! I specially loved the doily die cut on lower side .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona! The card is gorgeous! I'd be interested in knowing how the seam between the doily and card front looks on the inside. I never know how to handle that glued edge.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very gorgeous and I love the lacy edger die used on it. Beautiful gold embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! This is so beautiful, love the edge die and you colour combo is GORGEOUS. A beautiful card Shona.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Shona! That Meadow Lark paper matches the VersaFine Clair perfectly! It's a lovely card creation, and so pretty in the gold EP - VFC is my favorite ink for embossing now and I use it as often as I can because of the fabulous images it produces. I also love the way you've used the die on the bottom! It's a lovely sunshiny card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I love the lacy look of your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just For Fun Stamps! Good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona! Your card is absolutely beautiful and perfect for our challenge! I'm so glad you shared all the details-that die is a must have. Thanks for joining us this month and I hope to see more of your artwork in our gallery. Wendy DT coordinator JFF Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully designed card Shona and love the die you have used and the inks as well and of course the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous die! Excellent use of lace for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love that lacy edge die! Very fancy! Thanks for sharing with JFF’s April challenge! Our challenges start on the first Tuesday of the month now, so the next one doesn’t start till May 7th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!