Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Seasons Greetings!

Hi there, 

Welcome to my first card for April! We're in the 70's today and the forsythia, crocuses (my header photo) and daffodils are putting on quite a show. The trees are starting to bud out too, I was in shorts and t-shirt setting up my bee hives today - as my bees are due to arrive sometime this week!

Today I have a card to share with you for the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' April 2019 Challenge.  Be sure to take a look at the inspiration from the Design Team. This month they have an optional theme, which is monochrome. I chose to play with silvers.




To begin with I stamped the background stamp from Technique Junkies - Winter Wonderland in Versamark and heat embossed with Silver Lightning


As you will see I failed to get a good impression with the stamp up in the sky area - so I decided to stamp in Versafine Claire Morning Mist and then heat emboss with Sparkle


Here you can see the difference:


So I fussy cut the sky area out of the Versafine Claire version and added it to the top of the Silver Lightning background. I die cut three snowflakes from glossy cardstock. Two were inked with Versamark and heat embossed with Silver Lightning and the third was heat embossed with Sparkle. I also die cut the Sweet Cuts Classy Deer from Silver cardstock and heat embossed with Silver Lightning.


I placed them on the card and thought that it would be better if the deer was a little darker, for contrast, so I added a little Versafine Claire Morning Mist on top of the embossed deer and then heat embossed with another silver embossing powder, Shimmer, this worked out nicely. The Tonic die Seasons Greetings was cut from silver cardstock. Then it was time to assemble everything. I layered the background to white glossy which was then layered to silver cardstock, but I didn't have it go all the way to the bottom of the card. The snowflakes were then adhered with mounting tape.


The deer was added with mounting tape, positioned like it was touching the white snowflake. The Seasons Greetings die was attached using Nuvo Precision Glue, overlapping the base of the front panel.



That finished of my project for the day! Hope you've enjoyed my monochromatic share and I look forward to seeing some of your projects over on the CASS site!

Below are the products that I used today. If they have a link - that means they are from the Sparkle N Sprinkle website and you can receive a further 10% of anything on the website by using my personal code ShonaDT10 at the checkout.

Technique Junkies Winter Wonderland #S635
Silver Mirror Cardstock
Sweet Cuts Classy Deer die
Joy Crafts Winter Wishes die
Mounting Foam

I'd like to join in the following challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge #111: Use a die that Scrapy Land carries.
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Challenge #25: Use a critter
World Wide Open DT Challenge #3: ATG
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #47
Craft Stamper: Take It Make It Challenge - April

16 comments:

  1. I loved this card,has winter vibe much needed in the scorching heat in my part of world ;) I face this problem of uneven embossing always so got a emboss it pen ,I guess its time to change/reink my embossing ink pad !
    Those crocuses look very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Shona! I can tell this will be proper sparkly in reality! So so gorgeous hun. Love your take on the monochromatic theme. So gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shona. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card and so bright and sparkly...and so remindful of what we are seeing outside right now. Our April snowstorm is going full tilt already. But regardless I love the beautiful card you made for Christmas giving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fabulous card. Loved following your thought process while you created it. Great job! Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great save on your card, Shona, and a wonderful technique for achieving multiple textures from a single stamp! Your silver wonderland is gorgeously created, and all that fussy cutting is amazing. Beautifully done! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation, I love the design and the technique you used to make texture on your card ! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference in your cards, love the silver, it's Christmas and needs a sparkle in it doesn't? Great that the deer looks up to the snowflake a lovely design Shona.
    Our garden is certainly telling us it's Spring too Shona, but we could only wish for 70F, we had frost last night and with our new seedlings popping out I hoped they would be safe in the poly greenhouse, thankfully they were. At least we have sun, great behind glass here LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blingtastic card here Shona. Love the different monochromatic tones you got here and I love my Versa Clair stamps. They cover so perfectly. Stunning and no doubt spectacular IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Shona, absolutely sensational! I love all the glitter and glitz - your signature! Such a beautiful winterscape scene ~ how I wish I could see this in real life ♥ I love that you've included the monotone look but yet it's so striking!Superb xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning Christmas card! I love that deer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This all came together so well. This has come together beautifully!
    Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure if you saw it or not, but your card won the Scrapy Land Challenge #111 :-) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful and elegant Christmas card! Love that deer! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!