Thursday, April 11, 2019

Vintage Peony Happy Birthday Wishes

Hi there,
I'm back today to share my first Sparkle N Sprinkle April Reveal card using the Vintage Peony Inspiration Set 930. The two peony sets, by Donna Ellis, are just amazing and can be bought as a bundle, to save a few pennies.


I recently bought a few dies on clearance and this was one of them: the Die'sire Wishing You a Happy Birthday. I started off with a folded 12" x 6" piece of white cardstock and placed the die about a 1/4 of the way down the right side of the cardstock.

 
The cardstock was placed in the stamp platform and stamped twice with Versafine Claire Morning Mist. It gave a really nice detailed look. These inks show great detail and are embossable, so I heat set with Sparkle (EP107)


I then colored in the image with Copics. 


I covered the right hand inside of the card with designer paper from the Meadow Lark Collection, and as the Copics had bled through the front panel I cut a little rectangle of the same paper to apply to the left of the inside. I would later cut a piece of white cardstock and place on the inside right for my birthday  message. 


Diamond Dust was applied to the center of the peony with Dimensional Glue. I added three Strawberry Coulis Nuvo Jewel Drops and wrapped some pink baker's twine around the spine to finish of my card.


Here is another quick example using this gorgeous image.


I hope you have enjoyed my share today. Below is the list of products used in my card today. The linked items can be purchased on the website and you can use my code ShonaDT10 at checkout for an extra 10% off everything in the store.

Die’sire Wishing You a Happy Birthday die
Designer Paper - Meadow Lark Collection
Copics
Pink and White Bakers twine

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shona

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous die and you have used it so perfectly
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Shona, this is a beauty! Such a striking card! I love the bold lettering across the top - what a FUN die you found! And the luscious paper to match - just a beauty. Love the addition of the NUVO drops - perfect addition! I'm sorry I haven't visited as much - work and school have me swamped! But I think I'm back on a roll now ;) Blessings, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and beautiful sentiments on these cards. They are fabulous floral designs. And I almost bought that die myself but resisted. Seeing how you used it I wish I had given in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamps, Love the paper to show off the beautiful stamp and the die, such a lovely card, so is the CAS style card, with the lovely border die.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Shona! Thank you for the write up and shout out to my blog - your colors are so pretty, and I love the way you have done the top of the card to feature the colorful interior! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!