Thursday, April 25, 2019

Come Home Soon!

Hi there,
I'm here today to share a card with you using the Sparkle N Sprinkle You're my Hero Set 946

To begin with I stamped both the sentiment and the image on blue cardstock with Versamark and then heat embossed with White Detail. I kept everything very simple on this card, just regular cutting of the image and also cutting up the sentiment.

1/2" Tear-ific Tape was then repeatedly layered diagonally to a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" piece of white cardstock. After trimming the edges of the card the protective backing from the tape was removed and Gypsy Red Microfine Glitter was burnished into the tape using my finger tool.

This piece was layered to a grey card base and the image was attached with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and the sentiment was staggered on the front with mounting tape. The little dog tag stickers were added to the bottom right corner to finish of my card.

Below is a list of the products used on my card today. You can use my designer code at check out, ShonaDT10,  to receive an extra 10% off anything over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle store.

I'd like to play along in the following Challenges:
Words to Craft By #64: All the Best Heroes
Unicorn Challenge Challenge #42: Spots and/or stripes

Thanks for stopping by,

Shona

8 comments:

  1. This is a great image! I like the white embossing on the blue. Love the sparkly stripes too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and a wonderful image for a soldier design. I love the striped glittery background which shows off the blue panel with the white embossed image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Shona. I love the patriotic design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, never would I have created this beautiful scene using the techniques and products you've incorporated. IT IS HEARTWARMING and so DEAR. Beautifully done with the white EP and glittery background, it's something that is meaningful to families world-wide who only wish their loved ones serving overseas could come home safely. It's a wonderful card! Glad you are home. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shona, this is beautifully created and a fabulous use of the products and I agree with Donna, so heartwarming!! Love your blog header too by the way, and someday you will have to tell me how you did it, I would love to 'spruce' up my blog. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Shona, a fabulous image and a GREAT design.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Spots and/or Stripes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, What a wonderfully patriotic card, with an important heartfelt sentiment. Love that use of that tear tape! Great idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!