Thursday, May 23, 2019

Let's Shellabrate!

Hi there,
As many of you may already know, Sparkle N Sprinkle is closing her doors. This will be my final post for Margaret and the Company. Today is a sad post for me as I have been a designer with the company for many years. I have had such a wonderful time, highlighting all their gorgeous stamp sets and the products that they brought on board throughout the years. I really want to thank SNS for making me think out the box, to try new techniques and even coming up with new techniques. I've loved every minute. Many things had to change as technology grew and I had to keep up with the times - I had to become a blogger and a facebook user and I will continue to do this as I have found many special friends in both areas. My rubber stamping days started at a Stampin' Up party I hosted one night a mere 23 years ago. I was immediately hooked after which I had cards published in magazines and it was then when I had used one of very first SNS golf sets that Margaret asked in her newsletter if anyone knew me! I've been with the company ever since. I have so enjoyed working with Margaret and the company, not only as a designer, but working some conventions too. 
Anyway, enough about me - on to the card for today, where we are using the beautiful Nature of the Beach Set 929 and a left over piece of netting (which I got from a neighbor to make a special shaker for my bees!)

When I was using it for what I needed for the bees,  I immediately thought of fishing netting and how it would work with the shell set. I partially heat set it in to super thick embossing powder, Blue Bird (EP471).


These ultra thicks should be heated from the bottom to prevent them from flying off the cardstock. Laying the netting on the top of the white cardstock, adding the embossing powder and gently heating it from the bottom.  Once it starts melting you can apply a little heat to the top which will melt the netting and make it look distressed. I then applied Frosted Lawn (EP475) to add in some green. 


The shells were then stamped with Versafine Clair Acorn using the stamping platform. 


The shells and turtle were colored with Copics and then applied with Versamark and then heat embossed with Sparkle (EP107).


Nuvo Jewel Drops Rose Water  and Crystal Drops Sugar Almond were then applied.


The Cheery Lynne die was cut from black cardstock and then the sentiment from the set was stamped in Versamark (after the piece was wiped with the anti-static bag). This was then heat set with White Detail (EP198).


Everything was then assembled. The white card front was attached to a black card base. The shells, turtle and sentiment were attached with mounting foam for dimension and then the Nuvo Drops Apple Green and Dazzling Blue were applied randomly around the card front.


Below is a list of the products that I used today. There is a closing down sale going on right now that you may wish to take advantage of. Many of these products may still be available.
Nuvo Crystal Drops: Sugared Almond, Apple Green 
Copics
Cheery Lynne Horizon Fishtail Banners Die
Mounting Tape
Fish net
I thank each and everyone of you that have been on this Sparkle N Sprinkle journey with me. I hope to keep creating and blogging and keeping up with all of you too!

I'd like to play along in the following challenges with this card:
Craft Stamper: Make It Take It May Challenge: ATG
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #05: ATG
Classic DT Open Challenge #4 May: ATG
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #26: Use a critter (Turtle)
MIUCB #25: Anything goes + mixed media
JFF May 2019 Challenge: Celebrate Women + 3 Layers
Cardz 4 Guys: Challenge 220: Beside the Sea
Till next time,
Shona

15 comments:

  1. I heard SNS was closing. I know you are sad since you have worked with them for so long! They will be missed for sure! Your card is wonderful! I love the netting and how you used it. Fantastic card! Love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..you have been crafting for 23 years !! You must have seen many companies emerge n grow..and tons of new products being launched !! I can imagine how it must be after working for SNS for so many years:(. Coming to your card..you used actual fishing net !! Its Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Shona, I love all the texture. Such a shame SNS is closing, it must seem like the end of an era for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing oceanic creation, Shona! When you go out, you go out with a bang, and this amazing, texture-laden creation is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you have chosen, and the way you have captured the tropical colors throughout. Thanks for all the beautiful cards you made throughout the SNS years. I look forward to seeing more of your marvelous masterpieces in the future! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful ocean element design. Everything about it is gorgeous. You certainly did a great last design for Margaret as this is beautiful and so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Shona! This is just sensational! It's so beautiful with the ocean theme combined with your gorgeous techniques! Living so close to the beach, you absolutely got the perfect feel of the beach and the gorgeous shells and netting. You are the queen of technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, what a great card. Love how you made this beauty. Great stamp set. Love your coloring. Thanks for sharing your technique instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back with my other hat, Shona! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
    Crafty Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that this will be your last post for SNS, you have taught me a lot with your posts for them. How sad another company bites the dust. Your card is a Great tribute to SNS. Beautiful and as for the net, how on earth did you think of embossing it? A true thinker outside the box Shona.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for the closing of SNS. What a fabulous last tribute. Love the layers and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, Shona! It's a fabulous final hurrah! I was so sad doing my final post after a few months, I can't imagine how you must have felt after all your time with SNS! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A brilliant card! I absolutely love it. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card! I was sorry to hear they are shutting down too! I was hoping she’d sell her stamped images to another company or something. Thanks for sharing with us at JFF stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is a wonderful mixed media projet, I appreciate all of the fabulous techniques you have included. I am honoured you have chosen our challenge blog to display your excellent card. best wishes and good luck ahead. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous final card for SNS. I was sorry to hear they were shutting down, but you always created amazing things with all the products! I love your step by step photos you share too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!