Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Decorate Your Holidays

Hi there,

Welcome to my first May post! My May header is not from my backyard, but from a visit to the Cream Ridge Tulip Farm, New Jersey. I am here today to share my May Christmas card for the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Design Team. Please stop over to see what the rest of the Design Team has created and join in the challenge where there is an optional twist of snowflakes for May. 

I have lots of snowflake paraphernalia, so ended up using Hero Arts baubles (with snowflakes) stamps, a Darice snowflake embossing folder, a Tutti Design Arched Fir branch (with snowflakes) and a Martha Stewart snowflake punch!



I began by die cutting the branch from Kraft cardstock, sponging with Versamark and heat embossing with Sparkle.



Next I stamped the baubles using Versafine Clair Golden Meadow, using my Stamp Platform, and then heat embossed them with Gold Detail. These were then fussy cut.



I embossed the white cardstock with the Darice embossing folder and then stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the cardstock with Versafine Claire Golden Meadow and heat embossed with the Gold Detail. The edges of the cardstock were then applied with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold Detail.


The Martha Stewart punched border was covered in Versafine Claire and heat set with Gold Detail and was wrapped around the back of the gold-edged panel.




The panel was attached to a white 5" x 7" card base and then I attached the fir branch with bits of 1/8" Tear-ific Tape. The baubles were attached with mounting tape.

That finished my card for today. Hope you've enjoyed my project.


Below is a list of the products I used:

Hero Arts Decorate Your Holidays
Versamark
Versafine Clair Golden Meadow
Gold Detail (EP168)
Sparkle (EP107)
⅛” Tear-ific Tape
Tutti Designs Arched Fir Branch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Darice Snowflake Background embossing folder
Mounting Foam

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #49: Anything Goes
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #4: Anything Goes
Christmas Cards All Year Round: May - Ornaments



Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love to hear what you think of my card.

Till next time,


Shona


10 comments:

  1. Well, my sweet friend, you already know I cherish this beautiful card! It's really elegant and so gorgeously assembled. I love that fir die so much that it's been ordered to join my stash! Funny we both used Tutti dies in this challenge. Your new topper is lovely! It's amazing how diverse the tulip industry has become! What an enjoyable adventure to go to a Tulip Farm! Thanks for sharing the photo! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your bees and how quickly they are propagating! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, Sorry I haven't been by in a while. Life keeps getting in the way. I love your beautiful Christmas card. It's a work of art. Love all the embossed work you have on the card. I can't believe we are in May already. Time is marching by too quickly. Thanks for the lovely card inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shona, so much to love with this gorgeous golden beauty! I love the step by step on how you made this so sparkly! And how fun to visit the tulip farm - I did notice your new header and it's just so pretty. We had those growing wild outside our home in Germany when my mom's garden went off course! Lovely card, Shona! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Christmas card design. I love the gold and white combo and all the elegance it provides. Wonderful dies and wonderful stamps used too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have covered the optional snowflake twist here Shona with such beauty. Totally stunning and so shimmery. Love the gold edge adding so much to the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! that is truly a sparkle and shine card, just what is needed at Christmas, it's VERY Beautiful Shona. You're tutorial is something I will come back to, I think even me a non stamper could follow and get a sort of good result. Love your card.
    Faith x
    PS those tulips are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card Shona! Love all the detail. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card and I love the sparkle on your beautiful ornaments. Thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Shona! Love this pretty creation, the gold is so opulent and delish. So gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!