Thursday, May 16, 2019

Smell the Sea

Hi there,
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'd like to share a Sparkle N Sprinkle card with you using two of our May release sets, Sand Dune Silhouettes 940 and Nature of the Beach 929 along with an older set Wetlands 1 790 

I started with making a mask, by die cutting a circle (Lifestyle Nested Circles) and using the frame part, taping it lightly to my white cardstock square. 

I positioned the "water" in the stamping platform so that it would stamp in the middle of the circle. I stamped with Versafine Clair Twilight and heat embossed with Sparkle. 

Memento Sky Blue was sponged on for the sky. 

After inking the bottom third with Versafine Claire Cheerful I sprinkled on some Celestial Glitter which attached to the Versafine like an embossing powder. This gave a shimmery, sandy look. 

The mask was then removed and the birds and the sentiment were then placed on the stamping platform and stamped in Versafine Clair Twilight, I then heat embossed the sentiment with Sparkle. 

1/4" tear-ific Tape edged a 5 3/4" square piece of card and after attaching the scene to the middle, Autumn Frost was burnished in to the sticky edges. The little turtle was stamped on the beach with Versafine Clair Acorn ink. I inked and stamped a couple of times to give it good coverage on the textured sand.
 
The shells were stamped in Versafine Acorn and were colored with Copics. Nuvo Crystal Drops Ripened Pumpkin, Sugared Almond and Jewel Drops Rose Water were then added to the shells for some dimension. Once dry they were mounted to the bottom of the scene using foam tape. 

That finished off my card for today. 

Below you will find all the products that I used in my card and those with a link can be found over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle website. You can use my code ShonaDT10 for a further 10% of your purchase.
Memento Summer Sky
Lifestyle Nested Circles Dies
Copics
Hope you'll come back to visit again soon. Thanks again for stopping by!

Shona

13 comments:

  1. Your card looks amazing! I love how you've combined these sets together to create this wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Shona! Love all the details on how you created it. I've never tried the Versafine colors (just black), so will have to investigate them since they give such great detail on your card!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Shona! Your seaside scene is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your process, too - amazing! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It’s gorgeous, Shona, with fabulous shimmer and shine! Love the combination of sets and textures. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic scene...great water line and division from the sandy beach. I love all the pretty shells to help frame it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell the sea for certain, I love the addition of the shells and the texture you have given the sand and shells. a Beautiful creation Shona.

    btw the beer jumps when shaken LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks like I'm looking through the looking glass at the sea beyond. That's the feeling I get. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge.
    Arlene DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining our challenge at
    Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge blog
    I hope you’ll join us next time again.
    Jolanda
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation, lovely scene! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my friend, this is beautiful! I love the softness of it and how much detail you got on this card - so inviting and serene! The waves are just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back to smell the sea and repeat how wonderful your card is, so with my second hat on - Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge atMorgan's Artworld Open Challenge this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

    Faith Morgans Artworld DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    Morgans Artworld
    morgansartworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely beach scene. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your unconventional colors for Christmas card is beautiful, lighthearted and simply darling. I am your newest follower. Donna Ellis told me about your blog. It is wonderful. She helped me create a blog, hope you will check it out, and if you like it might consider following me. http://annebuckingham-anne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!