Thursday, May 9, 2019

Take Time to Relax!

Hi there,
I'm so glad you stopped by today. My card today features three Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Sets, two from the May Reveal: Cruisin' Digi 949Sand Dune Silhouettes 940 and one older Set 404, Ocean Treasures. This card shows not only how to work with more than one stamp set at a time, but also how digis and rubber can work together.



To begin with I printed out the version of the Cruisin' digi. After fussy cutting the car I applied Versamark and heat set with Clear Detail. I repeated this step and then after applying Versamark a third time, I heat set with Super Thick Clear. You need to heat from beneath to stop the thicker granules of embossing powder from flying off the project. This gave our car a lovely shine. 


I stamped my sand dune scene, starting with the sand dune stamp and then the grasses in the bottom left, then the little grass from the Ocean Treasures Set in the bottom right. All of these stamps were stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn. I then cut a line along the horizon of the scene.


Memento inks were applied directly to paper to color the sand.


When the inks were dry I took a brush and applied Brushable Glue on top of the sand and applied Sparkling Sands Flocking to give the sand some texture and sparkle.


The sentiment and birds were arranged on the stamp platform and were stamped with the Versafine Clair Acorn Brown again directly to the blue cardstock that I was going to use as the background.


The blue panel was attached to a Kraft card base then the sand dune scene was taped down with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. The car was added with mounting foam to finish off my card for the day.


Listed below are the Sparkle N Sprinkle products used on my project that you will find on the website. You can use my personal code ShonaDT10 at checkout for a further 10% off these products and anything else that catches your eye!.

Ocean Treasures Set 404
Memento Inks: Desert Sand and Toffee Crunch
Mounting Tape

I'd like to join along in the following challenges:
Thanks again for stopping by. I do hope I've inspired you to try mixing stamp sets and using both the digis and stamps. I think this will make a fun Father's Day card!

Shona

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! First of all, so proud you are using a digital! LOL Secondly, this brings back beautiful memories of life in both California and at one of the beaches in Clearwater called Honeymoon Island. CA because we could drive on the beaches, and have bon fires at night and just have a party. Honeymoon Island because of the lovely sea oats and fencing. Thanks for always taking time to show your creative process, Shona. I appreciate it so much, and always learn something new, or remember something forgotten, because of your kindness. love, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene and I love the wonderful coloring on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shona your car is FABULOUS!! What a great image for Father's Day and/or a retirement card...love this my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your mixed media, love that you embossed the digi, I haven't done that in a long time and your card shows how successful it can be, I love the texture on the sand, I guess it will be a Great touchy feely card, I love the card Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome male card here Shona. Fabulous scene and such a perfectly coloured classic old car. Nice touch with the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation, love the design! Please fix the link for your entry on the challenge blog. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card. You've created a wonderful scene.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thank you for showing the step by step! This is gorgeous! Perfect for a man card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage! -DT Meghan Kennihan (http://madebymeghank.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!