Wednesday, October 11, 2023

CCC Oh Christmas Tree!

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog. Today I have a card for the Christmas Craft Creations Design Team.

This month we are looking for monochromatic creations!

This was a fun way to use up some snippets of green cardstock from my box and then try to pair them up with inks and pretty embossing powders.  Some of the powders had glitter in them, some were opaque - I just played around a little!

The stamp set I used was from Prickly Pear and then I used a sentiment stamp from the Project Bin.


 

I proceeded to pair up each of the Christmas trees with the embossing powders that I thought best went with each piece of card.


I have three different hues of green ink in the Versafine Clair line, so tried to pair those up best with the card and powders. Here are a couple of the trees that I did:




Each of the seven trees were then fussy cut. I then stamped the sentiment three times along the bottom of the card, again using the three inks and three different powders.


Four of the trees were glued to the front of the card base and three of them were popped up on dimensional foam. I then ran a piece of double sided tape below the sentiment and burnished Luau Green microfine glitter to the strip.


That finished off my card for today. 


I hope you will go back and take a look at what my CCC team mates have created and then I hope to see you join in the challenge.

Till next time,

Shona

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shona, I love a monochromatic card and this is beautiful in all the lovely shades of green.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever thinking with these cards, love you matched the powders to the card, a beautiful result and a wonderful card Shona.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!