Wednesday, November 8, 2023

CCC Watercolor Snowman

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog. 


Today my card is for the Christmas Craft Creations challenge and this month we ask that you add a hat to your project!

I know you have something with a hat in your stash! I went with this never before used snowman stamp from Penny Black.


I thought I would try a watercolor effect with this one, so after attaching the stamp to the stamping platform, I colored up the snowman with Distress Crayons then spritzed with water and stamped on to watercolor cardstock.


It gave a rather faint impression, so then I went over it with watercolor pencils and spritzed that.


That made the colors more vivid! The sentiment was stamped 
in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and was heat embossed with Sparkle.


I kind of like the softer/childish look of this? 


I layered the panel to a shimmery pink card base and added a little organdy ribbon to finish it off!

Hope you liked my little project today! Check out the challenge to see what my teammates found in their stashes with hats!

See you next time!

Shona




6 comments:

  1. Love the big bold stamp and the water colour effect is lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you, in the creation of this beautiful card Shona. Love the water colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowman card with the awesome water color technique, love the softness of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shona, I love the effect of the water colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that PB stamp and you have showcased it beautifully Shona. Great result with the water colouring and the softness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!